You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Monday, September 29, 2008

A heavy heart......lifted.......

Dear Lord,

Thank you for an amazing weekend, camping in the mountains/woods with friends. Our church family is amazing-and I am so grateful to you for putting us in the right place at the right time. You are so good-you know exactly what we need, even before we do. It was an awesome trip and we have really awesome friends. We are blessed. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


My heart is heavy today, Lord. (sigh) Although I feel refreshed and enjoyed the camping trip so much, I long to be in Haiti, with the adoptive parents that are there right now. I know I will go again, in your timing, not mine. I rest in that and yet, my heart longs for my boys. Aches for them. I miss them, Lord. Please let them know how grateful we are to you for bringing them into our family, and how much we love them. Thank you for the pics and updates from the orphanage and the once a month birthday party the kids get to have. Thank you that we can travel and visit our children. Thank you for the orphanage and all the amazing work they are doing. Thank you for the network of adoptive families I have met online and in real life. We are truly blessed and awed by your plan. We know that you will carry it out in your perfect timing and wisdom. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.





This weekend, my sister did the Race for the Cure, back home. I was unable to be there with her, in person. (sigh) So many places I would like to be at once.
I did wear our team tee shirt on Sunday though and thought of her often throughout the morning hours. She did an awesome job-our team raised a lot of money for the cause...and my sister set a high goal and beat it-I think she ended up number 3 in fundraising for that event.
Thanks, Sis, for doing that and for keeping mom's memory alive. I miss her terribly, every day. My heart aches for one more day with her. I thank you Lord for the gift of my mom, and the years I did get to have with her. I am blessed. I thank you for healing her in your way, even though it was not what I wanted. I am grateful she no longer suffers. I am grateful for how you used this terrible circumstance to draw me closer to you and how you revealed yourself to me during my season of grief. Thank you Lord, Thank you.


I also would like to pray for our troops and their familes. Lord, the sacrifice is huge. I lift up the families who carry a heavy burden and live as single parents during deployments. I pray that You would show yourself to them in a really big way and that you would be the Father and loving parent that they need.
Our military and their families are heavy on my mind today. I just finished reading 'Ever After' by Karen Kingsbury. What an amazing book, I highly recommend it-with the following warning-it will make you cry. It made me sob. So read it at your own risk!
Thank you Lord for our freedom-the blessing of being born in America. Thank you that there are men and women willing to defend us and protect us. Thank you for the sacrifices of these brave men and women, and for their families. I am blessed and grateful, Lord. Thank you.

Thank you Jesus, for your sacrifice. Lord, I know that you know how I'm feeling and what I need. I rest in that. I rest in You. I love You and am very grateful.
My heart is a little less heavy now. Thank you for that too.
Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Lena- Could you email me? I seem to have lost your address:) Just in case you lost mine... ckboone at hotmail dot com. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for mentioning and praying for military families. It is an adventurous life that comes with many sacrifices. It is wonderful to know that even with the enormous amount of discontent these days over the war, the families have not been forgotten. I am going to make note of the book ou recommended and read it for myself. Much love always - Chelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena