You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Prayer

I find the topic of prayer to be very interesting. And private. People have many different styles and comfort levels regarding prayer. It's been on my mind a lot lately. The message seems to be that I need to pray more. I'm not going to go into details here, but let's just say that I am seeing the same themes over and over, in multiple areas of my life. And I've learned enough to realize that when this happens, I need to PAY ATTENTION.

Take, for just one, recent example this verse (and there are MANY others):


I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
~ Isaiah 65:24, NLT


Prayer is the key.

I think I am starting to understand.

2 comments:

  1. good to see you and bob on thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to pray about little things all day long. It doesn't have to be long or dramatic, but I like to invite God into many of my everyday situations. The more I pray, the better I feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena