You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Monday, March 16, 2009

My focus for today....

This is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24 NKJV
and
Tree 63
Blessed Be Your Name
From the album The Answer To The Question

Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
And blessed be Your name when I’m found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name
Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise
And when the darkness closes in Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name when the sun’s shining down on me
When the world’s “all as it should be”
Blessed be Your name
And blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there’s pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say Lord,
blessed be Your name
*********************************
Faith is not a feeling.
Seriously, how much faith is required if everything goes according to my plans? If everything in my life is peachy and just the way I want it? Not much-that would turn to comfort which could then lead to pride-even arrogance "Look at what I've done. Look what I've got. I've got it under control." That is a sinful attitude that I am all too prone toward.
I may not feel like praising or rejoicing.
However, I have faith.
And I believe God is great.
All the time.
No matter what.
I will choose to exercise my faith by choosing to rejoice.
By choosing to praise.
Even when I cannot see a reason.
Even when things don't make any sense.
Even when things don't go the way I want them to.
Even when I don't get what I want.
That is what faith is.
*************************************************************
Thank you God for the gift of another day from (You) whom ALL BLESSINGS FLOW.
Thank you for caring enough to grow and stretch me-to grow my faith in You. I'm awed and humbled by the fact that you would even care or notice how I respond and that you want to grow me and increase my faith in You. I thank You for all You have done, are doing and will do in my life through this Adoption Adventure and beyond. Please protect those little boys and keep them safe and let them really feel your love. They need you, Father. I need you. In the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I think the sweetest thing you've noted here is that He gives us these sorts of trials precisely because He loves us and wants to see us grow. I really need to cling to that wonderful truth more myself. I am hoping this somehow means you are there when we pick up our boys. Who knows what the Lord will do?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena