You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Thursday, March 12, 2009

quick update

Things are going great.

I'm sleeping!! Praise God.

I'm not sick!! Woohoo!!

That last trip was soo hard because I was not sleeping and I was sick. I'm so grateful!

The boys are awesome....totally awesome....

We're doing some good stuff, but mostly, just hanging out with the boys. What an amazing feeling to have our family all together, in one place at the same time.

God is great!

Please keep praying about that DHS appointment we need to have....Jean Nathan says probably Friday, but also maybe today. Pray hard folks-we need this to happen while we are here. This is one of those things that has to be done in person, in Haiti.

Going to go to the O and hang out. The team has done some painting, cleaning & organizing. There are English lessons for the kids, as well as crafts, and a dental hygiene class for the older kids. We are also planning to celebrate the March birthdays....

We organized the donated supplies, and one of our team members is looking at cars-the O needs to purchase another vehicle-and it's being checked out by one of the guys-to see if it's a good investment. So far, that I know of, he's checked out 2 cars.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE IT HERE?!?!?

I never would have thought that was possible, but I do. It's an amazing place.

gotta go, time to load like sardines into the van!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. HOW WONDERFUL that you are sleeping and not sick! I was only able to sleep when Greg was there. Maybe we just need our men? Praise God for this tremendous blessing of rest and health. It really does make a world of difference! Praying you get that DHS appointment soon and that it goes smoothly. So glad you're enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena