You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God Moments.....part two

click here to read God Moments part one


I've had a super busy week, weekend and I'm at the start of another busy week. It's funny how life is like that, sometimes. I have actually had something to do every single night for the past 8 or 9 days. In addition to work at my job and my practice. Oh, and chores at home, shopping, bills, other commitments. You know, this grown up, adult life I am supposed to be living. (when did I become a grown up? is there some where I can file a grievance? lol)

I'm doing okay, but I am tired.

I think I will survive though. :-)

We had a busy and productive weekend, and on Sunday, I was able to stay close to home, in fact, I didn't venture out at all. It was nice for my introverted self to have a day at home. I did a lot of things, but I was at home, one of my favorite places in the world.

Then we're on to the start of the week. Mondays, I normally only see a few clients in my private practice office. Yesterday was different though, I had been asked to fill in at the hospital for a co-worker. So it was an especially busy day, because I was doing both things in the same day, and I have a study that I do on Monday evenings. So I knew starting out it was going to be a long day. And right now, Tuesdays are a little like that too. Not as tough as this Monday, but still a long day.

I was feeling a little weary, but not excessively. I wasn't even grouchy, at this point in my Monday. I'm working so hard now, so we can reach some goals, both for the adoption and ourselves. Raising kids is expensive and hard work, so we are using this time to prepare. So I have a goal, and that helps me to push through the tiredness and keep moving. And the person that I'm covering for most of the time at the hospital is returning next week, so that will alter my schedule and my pay check significantly. As I mentioned before, I could use the break.


And then, the God moment happened.

You know how sometimes, things seem to converge all at once....the music playing, the sights, the sounds, the smells, the thoughts? I don't know, maybe this only happens to me......but at any rate, it does happen to me sometimes.

I was driving to work and I got stopped at a red light. No big deal. I'm not late, it's all good.

This is a bad habit that I have developed recently-I picked up my phone to look at it and see if I had any new message. I wish I wouldn't do that while I was driving. But this time, it turned out to be a good (God) thing. And I was stopped at a red light.

So, I'm in the car. Stopped at a red light. I look at my phone and see an email notification that I have received a payment from someone via ChipIn & PayPal. It takes me a second to realize....that this blessing, this gift is from a stranger. And it is a generous gift. At first, I'm confused, I don't know why I'm getting money from Paypal. I don't have any current listings on ebay. Then I remember the ChipIn link on my blog.

At the same instant that I'm processing all of this, the radio suddenly comes into my awareness.

A man's voice is singing

"There's a light at the end of this tunnel.
There's a light at the end of this tunnel.
There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you."

Just like that. A warm, sweet, simple God moment. I felt God's love and encouragement. He will provide. He IS providing. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, for me. A bit of encouragement at just the right time. A reminder that God is in control and I don't need to worry or stress out so much. I can get through this week. And guess what? Next week I'll be on my way to Haiti, another one of my favorite places in the world.

:-)

That song played in my head all day long.

Never underestimate the power of giving.....whether it be money, food, an encouraging word, a friendly smile.......You never know how God plans to use it to bless someone else who really needs it. At just the right time. At just the right moment. In just the right way.

God is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena