You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Sunday, April 5, 2009

a quick update....

Thanks for your prayer support. Our garage sale was a big success....and we got to meet another adoptive family (over the phone) due our similar activity (selling stuff to raise money for adoption expenses) on craigslist. That is cool. The mom called me up to talk and introduce herself. She has 2 adopted children at home, one from China, one from Guatemala, and is in the process with Ethiopia. And she has homegrown children too. NEAT!

We added a few special items to our Bringing Our Boys Home blog-the online jewelry auction.
We've posted some stuff for sale on Craigslist. If you're in the Phoenix area, check out our local craigslist and search Our2boys to see what we've got for sale.

We've been busy, but it's all good!

Now that the busiest week of my life is over, I can start to focus on the next trip. It'll be here before I know it. But I am really taking one day at a time right now. If I look too far ahead, I get overwhelmed and anxious and cranky. Oh and a little negative. So one day at a time it is. :-)

Plus-good news on one hand, bad on another-the guy I'm covering for at the hospital will be back soon, so that will free up my schedule some, to focus on my practice and all this other stuff that is my life. But it will hurt the checking account! It is what it is, and we'll make the best of it. I could use a little less work time, emotionally, right now. So I look forward to his return. I'll figure out the checking account later! LOL

Speaking of work, gotta go hit the sack. Gotta be up early.

Thanks for your prayers, encouragement and support. Thanks to all the donors and helpers and people who kept me company during the sale! I have been blessed with some of the best friends and family in the world. I'm so grateful.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the garage sale went well, and your new friend sounds like quite a blessing! It does sound like you could use a bit less time at work right now. Praying for the Lord to provide everything you need- emotionally and financially, to keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cara. And you are right, I could most definitely use a bit of a break, at least for a while. It actually turns out that this week is pretty full/busy too, but I didn't know that when I wrote this post, because I'm living one day at a time. So in all honesty, I won't turn to getting ready to travel until a day or two before I go. Good thing I've done this before!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena