You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Monday, September 7, 2009

Big Day


Today, September 7, 2009,
my baby started pre-school.
(Labor day is a North American Holiday).
I got some pictures from a friend who just returned from Haiti last night.
(Thanks, Eric).
My youngest is growing up.
He's taller, and looks to be thinning out-losing baby fat, I think.
He started school today and here I am, thousands of miles away.
I am happy and sad.
Jean Baptiste,
your mama loves you and misses you very much.
Hope your first day of school was awesome!
Your papa and I are very very proud of you.
Praying for you and missing you very much, today.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lena,

    Rebecca started school today too:) Can you believe how quickly they are growing up?!?

    Jean Ba and Rebecca will make adorable little preschoolers, all dressed up in their uniforms! Hope we get pictures!

    Love, Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...he is getting taller & thinning out...but he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Lena. He really does look different all of a sudden! Praying for you today. I know missing these milestones is just plain sad and hard. Any word on IBESR yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((hugs)) lena! he is getting big! i remember finding comfort in knowing Nic was loved and well cared for.

    thinking of you.

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great, but definitely growing into a little man. I'm praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena