You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Favorite question of the day....

My boys' both speak English very well....they understand a lot.  And yet, there is so much that has to be explained.

Today, we were talking about turkeys.  I don't know why, but we were.  And me, thinking of the food similarities said that turkeys were like big chickens.  Different, but similar.  Trying to explain similar-not the same, different, but like one another.  Yeah, I don't know how exactly to explain that.  Other than saying the same but different.

At any rate....

My son says, "You know when we use bows and arrows (while making the hand motions).  Is that like Indiana?"

hmmm.  I ask him to repeat the question.  Which he does, in it's entirety.  Slowing down for me, the dense parent who can't follow his logic.

"Is that like Indiana?"

I have no idea what he means.

Then he says "The people don't wear any clothes."

hmmm.  As far as I know, my son has not been to any nudist colonies in Indiana.  Or anywhere, for that matter.

And then, I realize, he's talking about INDIANS.  Native Americans.  The turkey talk got him thinking about a lesson on the first Thanksgiving.

Ha ha ha ha.

I have to work hard to keep up, around here.

1 comment:

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena