You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Lena's (first) mission trip to
Haiti turned into our
Adoption Adventure!
Can't wait to see what God has in store next.....
*********************************************************

Friday, July 11, 2008

What an Amazing Day!

Just a quick note to say hi while the power and internet are up....

We had an amazing day at Three Angels today. Played w/ the kids/babies, helped clean and organize a supply closet and storeroom, painted, cleaned up in the yard and did a Vacation Bible School lesson, among other things. The team is really kicking butt on getting the labor/work done-the paint crew, the concrete and misc. crews are really working hard and accomplishing a lot.

Haiti really is a country of contrasts. I'll write more about that later, when I return home. But over and over I am struck by the contrasts and differences I see. On Sunday we will go to church and Monday we'll visit Mother Theresa's orphanage. I anticipate that will be a spirit filled day.....


This really is an adventure and we really are doing God's work...it's overwhelming, exhausting and uplifting and energizing all at the same time!

God Bless!


Be sure to visit www.threeangelshaiti.org for info on the Orphanage, School and Medical Mission. You can do a little by simply giving up your lattes or some other unnecessary habit......even $5 or $10 can make a difference. Or maybe God's calling you to do something more, something bigger.....travel here? donate money? sponsor a student at the school? tell others about the work that Three Angels is doing? Pray for the kids? I don't know what you are to do, but I know we all (Americans) can do something! There are so many things we take for granted in the states....electricity, ice cubes/cold water, safe water, air conditioning, water-showers, safe roads to travel on....oh my, I could go on and on. Pray about what God would have you do to help....you can do something.....I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me thru my blog. I love hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Lena